Hello Readers! I am happy to announce that this blog has been been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Angie who blogs at Mama Coffee Chat. Now if I were choosing someone to award this to and she hadn’t just nominated me, I would choose her blog right back! Thank you Angie! You can find Angie’s blog at https://mamacoffeechat.home.blog/
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
This award is given by bloggers to fellow bloggers who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community. I took this quote directly from Mama Coffee Chat.
I am trying to be positive, but I don’t know about creative and inspiring. Blogging makes me inspired to be creative!
Sunshine Blogger Award Rules
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blogging site.
- List the Sunshine Blogger Award rules and display the logo on your site.
- Answer the Sunshine Blogger Award questions.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees about their nominations.
Sunshine Blogger Questions
What influenced the name of your blog? I started calling it Justanumber – because of the phrase “Age is Just a Number”. As I got going with the blog, I changed my focus (or lack thereof) to everyday things that interest me – and my name is Lillie and I like Daylilies – so I thought Everyday Lillie.
How long have you been blogging and how are you finding it? I can’t believe I started in December of 2017 – I was pretty choppy with blogging until the spring and summer of 2019 – Now I’m hooked! It feels good to blog and connect!
Who would your blog appeal to or who would you like your blog to appeal to? At first I thought I had to have a very specific niche – so I thought women like me who were empty-nesters with kind of an aging niche. I realized though that I like blogging about home renos, things I use, my family, travel, even issues like climate change and politics – and those topics appeal to all kinds of people – which is more fun.
Tell us about your most current job and one thing you liked/disliked about it? I worked in software in the ’80s and ’90s. I loved to travel and visit all kinds of companies. I did not enjoy the aggressiveness of many of my co-workers. I became a stay at home mom, and loved it – but I am sad that all the kids have left the nest.
What’s the last book you read about? In the airport, I had a long wait for my flight, so I bought myself a non-fiction – The Longevity Paradox – about diet and things that you can do to live longer. I ate chips and had a glass of wine while I read it.
Tell us two truths and one lie (just for fun) about you? I enjoy making beer and wine. I never sample it. I love a road trip.
Who was your last conversation with and what was it about? I just told the dog to stop barking. I’m not quite sure what he was trying to say.
Who would you like to have dinner with, dead or alive, and why? My dad! He passed away when I was 11, and I would love to tell him about my family.
When was your last belly-laugh and what was so funny? Our daughter just video-chatted us from a line-up at the airport and she was wearing one of those travel neck pillows on her neck, and she was telling us security at the airport was asking all kinds of questions (she was going to Isreal for an educational tour) like why have you been in university for five years. That’s what we want to know!
Where, when and who was your last picnic. Does a glass of wine on my front porch count? The last one was in November – can’t wait til spring!
What would you do if you found a £50 ($ or €) note? If I found it in a store or restaurant I would turn it in. If I found it in my old coat pocket or the laundry, I would put it in my wallet and it would disappear quickly – maybe a tank of gas and a newspaper. A fill up in my car is $70Cdn.
Sunshine Blogger Nominees:
Here are my Sunshine Blogging Award Nominees……
- https://manitobamomblog.wordpress.com/ Lisa from Manitoba Canada spreads the warmth and connects with other moms. I so much enjoyed my time at home with my kids – and I wish that I had been able connect with other moms via blogging then.
- https://newfoundlandhousewifestheology.com/ Sally from Newfoundland Canada – shares life stories with spiritual inspiration. I feel happy when I read her blog.
- https://anexactinglife.com/ an empty nester like me – from Nova Scotia Canada – enjoys keeping track of things and being organized – and while I am not organized – I’ve got a bit of a thing for numbers – so I’m hooked.
- https://wakinguponthewrongsideof50.wordpress.com/ – LA writes about Navigating the second half of her life and often writes about relationships
- https://carolcooks2.com/ Carol posts wonderful recipes, travel stories and environmental issues at Retired? No One Told Me!
- https://annofgg.com/ Ann’s Corner – I am enjoying reading posts from Ann – who is a retired missionary/teacher/local councillor, with 2 grown children and one grandchild and writes positive spiritual messages.
- https://wwoodman.wordpress.com/ – Wayne, from Nova Scotia posts about his travels on wordpress and then https://waynewoodman.net/ about “musings and wonderings”.
- https://hashtagretired.com/ – Angela is retired – and writes about all things interesting!
- https://noraedinger.com Nora writes the Joy Journal and is an author of both non-fiction and Christian novels.
- https://supperplate.com/ Bernice works in the tech field (like I used to), enjoys Martinis, Sci Fi and is an expert foodie! She posts awesome comforting recipes (and has a cute dog).
- https://laidbackgardener.blog/ Larry writes every day in both French and English about gardening – and I know I can find whatever I need to know about a particular plant I may be working with or contemplating on this blog!
I enjoy reading so many more blogs, but I noticed that many of you have already received this award, and forgive me if any of you prefer not to be nominated – I will be happy to un-nominate you, just let me know! Congratulations to all of you!
11 New Sunshine Blogger Questions:
- How long have you been blogging for?
- Would you like to spend more or less time on your blog?
- What is one thing about blogging that surprises you?
- Do you prefer dogs or cats, both or neither?
- What is the inspiration for your blog name?
- What is the most interesting blog post you have read about?
- What is one thing you would rather be doing right now?
- Do you use social media to help grow your blog’s followers?
- What is your favorite time of year?
- When is the best time of day for you to write?
- What is your favorite snack?
Thank You again to Angie from Mama Coffee Chat.