A Keeper from our Test Kitchen
Every now and then you come across something that we like to refer to as a “Keeper”. In our family a Keeper is a noun and identifies something special, a show stopper or head turner…… however it could be something trivial like a caught fish of the right size and species that will provide a fabulous meal that only fresh fish can or, it could be of more consequence remembering when my beautiful 25 year old daughter phoned home and advised her mother that the boy she has been dating could be a Keeper – this in a context that only a mother and daughter can appreciate!
A Jacques Pepin Recipe:
The other day we found another Keeper that we wanted to share – one of a lighter side but none the less a terrific simple recipe of Pasta with Anchovies. This is a superb dish by renowned French Chef Jacques Pepin we discovered on his online series “Cooking At Home”. The dish can be ready in 20 minutes and will impress all. If you decide to watch this episode, the chef’s matter of fact approach, simplicity and warmth come through and the serving just screams flavour and without question is a Keeper! Enjoy….
UPDATE: A NEW PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD HAS BEEN ADDED AT THE END OF THIS POST
Pasta with Anchovies Recipe Ingredients:
- Half pound of spaghetti (we used linguine in the photos, but either will do)
- 1 2 ounce tin of anchovies chopped – save leftover anchovy oil
- 3-4 medium sized cloves of garlic – diced
- Half jalapeno pepper diced or 1 Tbsp of diced green pepper
- 2 Tbsp parmesan
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp freshly chopped parsley (we may have added more but why not?)
Pasta with Anchovies Recipe – Method:
- Bring pot of well salted water to boil and add half pound of spaghetti – cook 10 to 14 minutes (al dente) saving ¼ cup of spaghetti water before straining
- Add chopped anchovies and anchovy liquid into a bowl along with the garlic, jalapenos and green pepper, parmesan and olive oil
- Just before spaghetti is done microwave contents of bowl for 1 minute and 15 seconds
- Add strained spaghetti to bowl along with ¼ cup of spaghetti water and toss to mix
- Add chopped parsley and plate
- Top with a sprinkle of extra virgin olive oil
This dish is perfect on it’s own with warm crusty bread and an aged Barolo.
Below is a printable recipe card from RecipesGenerator. Please give it a try!
Thanks for stopping in at Everyday Lillie. Please have a look around as much as you like. If you enjoyed the visit, please feel free to follow, share, comment or like. Please drop in again soon!Follow Everyday Lillie on WordPress.com
7 thoughts on “Pasta with Anchovies”
Great post! You can’t go wrong Jacque or Julia.
Thank you Bernadette – We enjoy your recipes too!
Thanks a lot
Thank you! It’s become a “regular” in our house, but we seem to have some sort of local pandemic shortage of anchovies…….
Thank you, I appreciate your kind reply
A perfect little plate of pasta! Love a simple anchovy spaghetti.
By way of introduction, I am Mark Schaefer, and I represent Nutritional Products International. We serve both international and domestic manufacturers who are seeking to gain more distribution within the United States. Your brand recently caught my attention, so I am contacting you today to discuss the possibility of expanding your national distribution reach.We provide expertise in all areas of distribution, and our offerings include the following: Turnkey/One-stop solution, Active accounts with major U.S. distributors and retailers, Our executive team held executive positions with Walmart and Amazon, Our proven sales force has public relations, branding, and marketing all under one roof, We focus on both new and existing product lines, Warehousing and logistics. Our company has a proven history of initiating accounts and placing orders with major distribution outlets. Our history allows us to have intimate and unique relationships with key buyers across the United States, thus giving your brand a fast track to market in a professional manner. Please contact me directly so that we can discuss your brand further. Kind Regards, Mark Schaefer, firstname.lastname@example.org, VP of Business Development, Nutritional Products International, 101 Plaza Real S, Ste #224, Boca Raton, FL 33432, Office: 561-544-0719